Archery in Scotland
Discover the art of traditional archery in Scotland on your next tour of Britain.
Archery in Scotland
Scotland is one of those destinations that offers a range of recreational activities to suit everyone’s interests. Archery is no exception, basked in history and feeling a rush of adrenaline when you hit the target. Feel like Robin Hood on your Private driver-guided Tour of Scotland.
Archery is known as a powerful defence to protect the royals of Scotland in the olden days. The British developed the longbow into a weapon of war after the Norman invasion in 1066 by William the Conqueror.
Kings banned games like football and golf to ensure their men focused on practising archery rather than playing those sports in their spare time. We can provide a tailored experience where you won’t wear a bow but shoot one on your Private Tour of Scotland.
Experience authentic archery
Try out archery with a recurved bow at one of the following top locations in Scotland:
1. County Clays is tucked away in Dunkeld and offers an authentic archery experience using recurve bows.
2. Explore the style, technique and coordination needed to master the ancient sport known as archery using a traditional recurve bow at Gleneagles.
3. At Dalhousie Castle, transport yourself back to medieval times and take a shot at archery with a historically crafted recurve bow in the setting of the castle falconry.
4. At Balnagown, archery has been practised ever since the castle was built on the property. Whether you’re a first-time archer or more experienced, the activity will challenge all ability levels.
5. Woodlands Glencoe provides a rewarding opportunity to practise archery in a beautiful setting where you can explore and learn about this ancient sport.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.