White Water Rafting in Wales
Discover the excitement of white water rafting in spectacular Wales
White Water Rafting in Wales
Discover the excitement of white water rafting in spectacular Wales, the emerald jewel of the UK. Our Travel Designers organize to match your ability with safety as a priority.
White Water Rafting is a well-liked water-based recreational outdoor activity. It is known for being an exciting adventure and promising an adrenaline rush. There are four key components for this activity: the rafts, personal safety equipment, training and last but not least, rivers.
Rafting is not just considered a thrilling experience for some people. It’s about feeling connected to mother nature and all its beauty. Wales is PACKED with perfect rivers for a white water rafting adventure, feeling a rush whilst also marvelling at the stunning scenery surrounding you. It doesn’t matter if you’re a first time or experienced rafter; we will make sure to offer you an unforgettable experience. Make your Private Tour of Wales fun.
Make Your Private tour of Wales Fun
Here you can find a list of the top five locations for white water rafting in Wales;
1. The River Dee in Llangollen is the perfect place to go white water rafting. This river will take you to the charming Horseshoe Falls and is known as one of the best in the UK for white water rafting. This adventure will take you onto the rapids such as Serpents Tail, Tombstones and Town Falls and makes sure you’ll leave with wonderful memories.
2. If you’d like to try white water rafting to see what the fuss is all about, then the Teifi River is the place for you. Here you will get the opportunity to go on the Teifi River with its mix of thrilling fast water and pleasant paddling. The region is known as the desert of Wales due to the low population; making this rafting trip a true escape from the modern world.
3. Who knew that you'd be able to go white water rafting on the edge of the Welsh capital? Raft the stunning Brecon Beacons National Park on the River Usk. The Usk rises in the North-Western edge of the Brecons and flows southeasterly through south Wales majestic valleys. The River Rhondda features long stretches of tough rapids, falls and difficult to predict waves – it is one hell of a ride. The River Wye hugs the edge of the national park is more sedate and relaxing in parts. These Rivers are not dependant on water releases from dams.
4. Raft the River Tryweryn through Snowdonia National Park with grade three sections. Boulders have been placed in strategic locations to make the river safer and create pools for play. Located near Bala, the National White Water Centre features approximately 5.5 miles of a natural river, making it one of the longest rafting bodies of water in the United Kingdom. This adventure will take you to the best sections of the Tryweryn River, where you can marvel at the beauty of Snowdonia National Park with its otters, raptors and sublime scenery.
5. How about Cardiff International White Water Rafting Centre? It is a world-class artificial white water centre catering for professional and leisure standard. The facility has many holes, curves and tons of waves to test your nerve. For those who consider themselves 'professional', lets book Friday night sessions when the centre turns up the volume and turns CIWW into a raging torrent of angry white water. There is also an opportunity to watch your friends and family fail or succeed from the side-lines.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.