Golfing in Wales
Discover Wales' spectacular golf clubs and take the time to work on your swing
Golfing in Wales
Perhaps Wales isn’t the first destination that comes to mind when you think about golf; this region, with its welcoming scenery, packed with medieval castles and stunning nature. Here you will find an abundance and diversity of courses. The country has established itself as a golfing destination ever since 2010, when the Celtic Manor Resort hosted the Ryder Cup.
Wales is known for its great value for money ratio when it comes to golfing. Several legendary resorts and golf courses are waiting for you to discover them. Whatever path you’ll end up playing, it will make for a thrilling adventure. This is the place to go if it’s the glorious countryside paired with golf courses that interest you. You’ll find various pleasant parkland golf courses to impressive mountain-backed links courses, to world-class championship courses.
Here you get the opportunity to play at your own pace, with courses that are never overcrowded as well as welcoming clubs that will shower you in service and hospitality. Count on our expertise to guarantee a pleasant experience on your Private driver-guided Tour of Wales.
The finest golf courses in Wales
Here you can find a list of ten top locations to go golfing in Wales;
1. Celtic Manor (Twenty Ten) is known for being the first purposely built course to host the Ryder Cup. That not only makes it worth a visit, but it also offers various challenges filled with testing your course planning and skills.
2. Known as one of the most distinguished, traditional links courses, Royal St. David’s Golf Club sits in the shadow of stunning Harlech Castle. Here you will put your skills to the test against hidden, astutely positioned bunkers and unexpected bounces. If you like a challenge, this is the ideal setting.
3. Aberdovey Golf Club values the unique features of links golf; here, the ever-changing tides and winds make sure that you’re on your A-game, recognized as one of the most outstanding links courses in Wales.
4. Nefyn & District Golf Club is tucked away on a North Wales clifftop; it’s not the most accessible course, but if you make the journey, reward yourself with a striking golf course paired with beautiful sea views. The club has 26 holes in total and gives you the choice of playing the Old or New Course.
5. If you’re on the lookout for a place with a rich history, then Conwy Golf Club is the one. During WW I, the course was occupied for military use, and during WW II, parts of the course were used to construct the pre-built harbours for Operation Overlord. Also known for its gorgeous location along the coast with spectacular views, you’ll be sure to make some ever-lasting memories here.
6. Bull Bay Golf Club on the Isle of Anglesey offers you a thrilling journey as well as an exciting experience, where you find yourself in a picture-perfect setting with views across Bull Bay. This course is known for its twists and turns, secluded valleys and more; this club demands accuracy and confidence.
7. Royal Porthcawl is known for its incredible sea sights over Rest Bay and gusts of wind that make this course one of the most distinguished. Whether you’re looking for a new experience or making everlasting memories, keep this course in mind.
8. If you prefer a diverse and challenging course with high dunes and deep valleys, Pyle & Kenfig is here to stay. Known for being used by the army in WW II, this course has a fascinating history and offers stunning views to its guests.
9. A tucked away, and unique course awaits you in the Vale of Glamorgan; Southerndown Golf Club is one of the driest in Wales, offering a testing experience where natural conditions are essential.
10. Pennard Golf Club might have all the characteristics of a seaside links course, yet it is located high on a clifftop on the Gower Peninsula, which makes for stunning natural beauty as well as a glorious golf course.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.