Fly Fishing in Wales
Go out in a boat and discover what fishing opportunities Wales' endless waters have to offer.
Fly Fishing in Wales
Fishing is one of the many everyday activities found around the UK; however, there are quite a few variations. Fly fishing is just one technique to catch fish; the angler must present the bait on top of the water rather than in the water. The bait, which often resembles a fly, is nearly weightless and has a delicate look, so the fish don’t get scared off.
Who knew that Wales was a paradise for river fishing? Many of the rivers in Wales run through different areas with their share of gorgeous scenery paired with some of the most excellent trout fishing in Wales. Here you can find an excellent water quality cascading upland streams and peaceful yet exciting rivers.
Whether you’re someone who wants to try fly-fishing for the first time or you have some experience, we can offer you a tailored experience that you will treasure for years to come. Connect with nature on your Private Tour of Wales.
Connect with nature on your Private Tour of Wales
Here you can find a list of the top five spots for fly fishing in Wales;
1. Llyn Trawsfynydd is tucked away in the heart of Snowdonia and has a solid reputation as a multi-method lake with top of the water sport and quality fish such as brown and rainbow trout. Here you get the opportunity to try different types of fishing, with banks for bait and fly fishing and even a few areas, especially for fly fishing.
2. Situated on the picturesque Isle of Anglesey in North Wales lies Llyn Y Gors, the perfect place for unwinding and, of course, fly fishing. The terrain has five coarse and carp lakes, and whether you're a beginner or a more experienced angler, you'll get a secluded fishing break here.
3. If you are looking for a peaceful, uncrowded and relaxed setting, then Garnffrwd Park is right for you. This five-acre lake in the heart of West Wales provides stunning surroundings and an abundance of aquatic life, which makes for a great place to fish for rainbow, blue, brown and tiger trout.
4. Graiglwyd Springs Trout Fishery has established itself as an excellent year-round fly-fishing venue, with an extraordinary combination of its scenic surroundings and range of sizes and stocking facilities.
5. Known for its multi-method fishing, Tan-y-Mynydd Trout Fishery consists of a five-pool fishery in a charming countryside setting with different kinds of trout.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.