Fly Fishing in England
Discover your inner angler by fly fishing in gorgeous England
Fly Fishing in England
Fishing is one of the everyday activities found all around the UK; however, there are many differences. One technique to catch fish is fly fishing; here, the bait is presented on top of the water rather than in the water. The bait, which often looks like a fly, is nearly weightless and has a delicate look not to scare the fish. Because the bait lacks weight, anglers have to use a particular technique, combining casting and fly line set-up.
Due to the availability of superb Grayling river fishing and stocked Rainbow Trout lake fishing, great opportunities are available year-round in most parts of the UK.
There are loads of different fly fishing locations ranging from classic English chalk streams in the South of England to particular limestone rivers in the Yorkshire Dales. Opt for an adventure on your Private Tour of England.
Opt for a fishing adventure on your Private Tour of England.
Here is a list of the top five fly fishing locations in England;
1. This place has a distinctive atmosphere that fly-fishers love and makes them come back for more. Devon's Dartmoor provides an ideal mid-moor base where people can explore miles of inviting streams full of fish. This place is known as one of the best wild brown trout, sea trout and salmon fishing locations in the United Kingdom, offering a mix of fast and slow running waters.
2. The River Tyne in Northumberland is one of those year-round fishing spots that hold the best salmon river's reputation in England. Here the fishing season begins in February, with April and May as the best months for a great catch.
3. An unbelievable 280-acre natural lake with endless fishing and boating facilities is Esthwaite Water in the Lake District, the place for both seasoned pros and beginners, offering active fishing year-round.
4. Andover in Hampshire offers a perfect and peaceful location for fly fishing. At Vale Farm Fishery, people get the chance to fish in one of the three lakes providing common and mirror carp and smaller species like perch, roach and bream.
5. Cornwall is one of those places that has something to offer for everyone. In this region, the possibilities are endless. Innis Fly Fishery in the heart of the Cornish countryside offers rainbow trout that is stocked weekly in the three lakes.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.