Golfing in Scotland
Play Golf at Scotland's finest golf courses on a private chauffeur-driven tour
Golfing in Scotland
In Scotland, the first record of golf dates back to the 15th century, and for centuries this country has perfected its reputation as a prestigious golf destination. Take a swing on your Private driver-guided Tour of Scotland.
With over 550 courses, it’s not surprising that top golfers such as Rory McIlroy and Jack Niklaus have played here, and various golfing legends have designed most of Scotland’s esteemed courses. No matter what level and course preference, you will find a course suited to your needs.
We are known for our tailored experiences, and golfing in this country is no exception. Take the opportunity to play a game on your Private Tour of Scotland.
Perfect your swing at Scotland's finest courses
Here is a list of the top ten places for golfing in Scotland where you’re sure to feel like a pro golfer:
1. St. Andrews Old Course, known as “The Home of Golf”, has probably secured a spot on the bucket list of many golf enthusiasts. Follow in the footsteps of golf legends such as Jack Niklaus and Tiger Woods whilst taking a swing on this legendary course.
2. Muirfield, acknowledged as one of the most historical golf clubs worldwide, provides one of the most excellent links courses in the UK and Ireland. Unique about this course is that every shot deals with a different wind, so expect a challenging game.
3. The Carnoustie Golf Links offer a challenging game with an amazing layout. It is renowned as the place for moulding golfing legends and has hosted eight Open Championships.
4. The Royal Dornoch has achieved its Royal status for over a century and is popular with golf enthusiasts. The course offers marvellous views overlooking Dornoch Firth, a narrow inlet of the North Sea.
5. The Kingsbarns Golf Links is notably one of the most exceptional golfing experiences in the country. Some people call it the most celebrated course in the 21st century because of its layout.
6. The Royal Aberdeen Golf Club was one of the earliest golf clubs ever, founded in 1780. The course is known for being a great opening side in Scotland and its breathtaking views.
7. The North Berwick Golf Club offers picture-perfect views over the Firth of Forth, a delta of several rivers. Only a short trip from Edinburgh, it is also regarded as one of the most highly-rated Scottish golf courses.
8. The Castle Stuart Golf Links, considered an example of contemporary golf architecture, is challenging yet playable so players of all abilities can have a great time. Located on the shores of Moray Firth, the course overlooks the Black Isle and the Inverness coastline.
9. The Nairn Golf Club is one of Scotland's best links courses, yet it’s a hidden gem. Situated only a short drive from Inverness, along the edge of Moray Firth, an inlet of the North Sea, this course offers astonishing water views.
10. The Trump Turnberry Aisla Golf Course rests on a dramatic Scottish coastline, under the observant eye of the lighthouse. The course is easily accessible from most parts of the UK, and Glasgow is less than 90 minutes away.
Help us make your trip exceptional
Our UK, EU and US office-based staff will listen to what you want to see and experience.
Whether you are a honeymoon couple, a family or a corporate incentive group, our team’s collective resources will be brought together to build the experience that’s right for you.
We will require your arrival and departure dates, details of your personal preferences and places that you would like to visit as well as the events you would like to experience.
We will then prepare a draft itinerary and send it to you by email for your approval. Once agreed, we will send you a Booking Confirmation with Personalised Itinerary and Information Pack via email.